Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ask Momma Wednesday #6

It's that time of the week again! Welcome to all of you who are checking out my blog!

Here's the button link: (please go check Nomie's page for details)

Photobucket


And here's my question: How much juice do/did you allow your toddler to drink?

I try to limit it, especially after this summer's scare of lead in many popular juices (organic & non organic). Being as my boy's fave wasn't on the list, I ended up getting some again at some point and we're back in the rotation of having juice each day. I don't give it to him straight, he has it watered down, and he definitely tends to drink more when there's even the slightest flavor in his cup. At his 18 month appt in june, we saw a different doctor, who wrote juice up as a "stupid thing parents give their kids to fatten them up", which is not at all my point, but it made me feel awful! What do you parents of toddlers do with juice, and if your kids are older, what did you do when they were little?

Thanks as always!

1 comment:

  1. I always mixed the juice 1/2 water 1/2 juice. But be careful not to give sippy of juice for bed as it may rot teeth. I thought is was good my son was getting his juice, but then when he went to the denist when he was 3 he had to be put to sleep and have several teeth pulled and several caps. They say only water at bed.

    ReplyDelete