Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Days 3-4 Missed Post

Yesterday was quite busy, and I ended up exhausted. I believe it was mostly due to the fact I worried so much over T's lumps in his neck, but they turned out to be swollen lymph nodes, and he has them everywhere. The doctor thought they could be in reaction to his allergies and that they should go back to normal as his allergies subside. We will see.

I also started this 30 Days to Yelling less Challenge by The Orange Rhino. I'm really excited about it, and what I've already learned about myself by paying attention to the things that set me off. I realize I yell mostly when I'm getting annoyed, as well as when one of my kids is in danger or just won't leave the other one alone. I'm trying to allow them to handle situations by themselves a little more, but still feel the need to step in at times when the older one is picking on the younger - who is still just 19 months old. He can hold his own for the most part, but T is still bigger at this point.

That's enough for this morning. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Poor T - I hope he's OK and I understand you being scared! The Orange Rhino is really great - I've been on that challenge for a while now. Admittedly, I have to keep re-starting it because I end up yelling, but when I really focus on it, it definitely helps me realize what my triggers for anger are. And it's true that it is more annoyance than anything else! Good luck with that too!

    ReplyDelete